*** $10,000 CASH PRIZE : VectorVest Comp. **

1. 3.3k
    Yes, you have read it correctly members. VectorVest is sponsoring the Q3 TopStocks Tipping competition and offering a $10,000 cash prize to first place.

TopStocks is proud to announce this prize value as the highest on offer by any ASX Forum in Australia's history .. it is certainly a first in the industry. One of TopStocks' members will be lucky enough to win the cash with no strings attached.

To win.. all you have to do is be the top TopStocks Tipster across the August and September 2012 combined period using the new TopStocks Tipping Feature.. currently in BETA testing mode.Registrationis now open and 99% of TopStocks members can participate. There are a few conditions but a very important one, is that you will need to register for the competition before 11:59pm (Sydney time) on Monday 20th August.

I would like to personally thank VectorVest for sponsoring this prize and for making Q3 2012 a very exciting one for the ASX Community and particularly TopStocks.

Note : To be able to win the $10,000, a competitor must take up aVectorVest 60 day free trial exclusive to TopStocks members available now.By taking up this free trial, you gain an extra 100,000 points to compete with.http://www.youtube.com/v/_LONYvcAjno?modestbranding=1&&&autoplay=0&rel=0;version=3&hl=en_US

2. 2.1k
    Okey Dokey.

Lookin' at my plastic cards, I've noticed that I DO have a credit card. Better still, it's in my name!

Soo.. I have now given that no. etcetera to VectorVest.

My Question is:-

Must I also register with T$ ...before the deadline.. or am I a "player"? :D :?:?

3. 3.4k
    Good luck in the comp.

1 like
  4. 415
    Was certainly very interested in signing up for this competition.

Promoted good, gets everyone keen, right up to the time you have to give your credit card details.

I can assure you that's why so few people entered :(

I'd certainly enter if it wasn't for that.

Seriously why do that? There is no need for it? Says you're not going to charge for it yet you have to? Hoping for people to lapse their memory and be charged.....sorry in my book that's a scam.

didn't think that was how we rolled here.

5. 3.4k
    Hope you didn't interpret my response to gup as some sort of negative comment about T$ --- I've deleted it anyway, sense of humour sadly lacking these days it seems, didn't mean to mislead.

6. 3.3k
    Kelp... you may have missed the part where even if you forget to cancel your free trial, there is a cooling off period... specifically designed for TopStocks members who forget to cancel. This was part of the deal TopStocks negotiated with VectorVest for the trail.

Please do not accuse any of TopStocks major sponsors as running a scam. TopStocks takes great care in protecting our members from being scammed or taken advantage of from any advertisers.

VectorVest is a highly reputable company and they have good reason for asking for credit card details... even though the Trial is free. Infact, one of these reasons is even for TopStocks' members protection.

Please do not talk our sponsors down on the forums.. especially those that put $10k up as a prize with no guarantee of return.

Regards Moderator.

7. 2.1k
    Cabbie,..Thank You,

I understand..

Your fear is justified,..after all..Jughead and I carried off the 1ST PRIZE of $200 each a coupla' months ago.:lol:

PS Got any 'hot' tips?:D

8. 415
    "they have good reason for asking for credit card details"

and the reason is?

seriously you gotta know you'd get more to enter and even give VectorVest a go if it wasn't for this?

I mean I was keen then like......wtf? I am sure plenty others did the same.

9. 415
    "Hope you didn't interpret my response to gup as some sort of negative comment about T$"

nope not at all. took it as in jest :D

10. 629
    staying out of it cos I hate investing without skin in the game but best of luck to all competitors!

11. 2.1k
    'staying out of it cos I hate investing without skin in the game '

True.

I know what you mean, however, where can you get similar odds? :cool:

12. 629
    The risk/reward is definitely in favour of entering lol.

The chance of winning vs effort required to have a chance isnt worth it.

I'm a pick a good company and invest heavily into it kind of guy. I'm willing to sit patiently on a stock for 6 months if I'm confident like that.

I dont want to have to change my stock tipping style, just in case it influences my 'real' investments.

Making a bad decision on a real investment will cost me a lot more than 10k

Probably makes me sound like a spoil sport!

1 like
  13. 1
    thank u so much for share information keep it up..........

14. 68
    "VectorVest is a highly reputable company and they have good reason for asking for credit card details... even though the Trial is free. Infact, one of these reasons is even for TopStocks' members protection."

May I ask what protection is granted for TopStocks members?

15. 3.3k
    Hi LongMan... thank-you for joining TopStocks and for your post.

The VectorVest competition was run throughout Q3 2012, i.e. it finished about two months ago.

The regular monthly Tipping competition continues though with the opportunity to win $500 every month by coming first at the end of the month on the official Leaderboard.

if you need any help with the Tipping Feature, please do not hesitate to ask in the Tipping forum.

Thank-you.

Mod.

Your browser is too old for Top Stocks and not secure. Please update your browser