1. 2.2k
    ""(it wasn't long back when Haliburton was telling customers 'drill now , pay later '

i would be surprised in Australia was completely different in rig availability)""

I have heard the same thing myself and I do agree with you that things could be very different here in Australia.

Other O&G companies I am invested in are still engaging drilling rigs and continue planning for new wells to be drilled.

2 likes
  2. 2.2k
    Well, if that is true, it means that they are staring to take notice form what some shareholders are saying.

But yet think of this, LD is an American that I know of, and he could easily pick up the phone and get in touch with someone in the USA to do that for him. All it takes to start with, is a phone call, unless of course he has some bigger problems than that to sort out.He was involved in the O&G industry long before joining CTP wasn't he.??

And then we have a Chairman, where someone has been saying that he lives in Singapore too. Well in Singapore there are a hell of a lot of people there which are working in the O&G Industry, let alone O&G companies, and he could easily get someone to do what you are saying himself too.

My friend I have always been told ever since I can remember that "IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY". I am a strong believer of that and always will be.

2 likes
  3. 2.5k
    Maybe Leon could get in touch with Dalton in the US.
    He should be back in business by now. :)

But I agree Buddy, company not fair dinkum with what they are doing, in relation to looking after share holders, and if Leon is from the US, you would think he would have access to whatever equipment is needed.
    Cottee looks like he was right in stating about 3 generational business, ... I have only been waiting for the "wake me up at $8", and "boring annuities" since 2008.

1 like
  4. 2.2k
    (Cottee looks like he was right in stating about 3 generational business, ... I have only been waiting for the "wake me up at $8", and "boring annuities" since 2008.)""

Three generations haven't gone through as yet.................. We are still in the first generation my friend. ......................... A long way to go yet then.

Perhaps he meant that three of his generations would be benefit from it...................Who knows not me but coming from him anything is a possibility.

His first generation is in the pudding mix already is he not.??

2 likes
  5. 70.6k
    LH .. Cottee , LD

looks like 3 generations to me .. BUT they could mean 48 years ( 3 x 18 years ) until sustainable profits

6. 2.5k
    3 x 16 sal. :)

1 like
  7. 70.6k
    i suppose you are correct you can't expect the board to be responsible in that area after the last 12 years of history in the company

but mathematically 54 years might have been a Freudian slip

cheers

9 just as well i am not looking to buy any shares today , isn't it

1 like
  8. 2.5k
    just bought a few more exr, .... a bit ironic with Cottee involved there as well.

You never know , he might be able to do another QGC, but a pity not with CTP.

1 like
  9. 2.2k
    Well my friend, whenever I see his name appearing in a company I take a different attitude/procedure than yours. I simply make the biggest U Turn available and stay away from that as far as possible.

Once bitten twice shy and by just looking at his records, once is more than enough for me. IMO anyone at the time sitting in what he was sitting in would have been able to make a killing. Those were the days that anyone with a O&G smelly rag would have demanded, and received, and absolute fortune.

Yep, the good old days. I made a killing in other O&G companies let me tell you, even though Cottee's name never appeared in their Boards.

2 likes
  10. 14.2k
    What's with the obsession to drill dukas. Cpt should concentrate on cash flow and selling gas for a profit and reducing the debt pile. Exploration can wait

11. 2.5k
    adds, have been waiting since 2008 for results to justify buying into CTP in the first place.
    If Santos had done their Dukas job properly, company's debt reduction and cash flow strategy would have been OK, but no reason now for the market to get excited by Central.
    Even Cottee's EXR in Mongolia that is producing nothing yet, nearly same share price, (8.5C) as Central, ... a few days ago was only ~3c, so an opportunity for share holders, unlike Central, ..... only good for those employed by the company.

1 like
  12. 14.2k
    Cpt is a production company with a debt pile to pay off from cashflow. Exploration and capital spending in the current environment is reckless. Go and buy an exploration company, cpt isn't one

1 like
  13. 2.5k
    https://centralpetroleum.com.au/

"Oil and gas exploration and production"

2 likes
  14. 2.2k
    ""((What's with the obsession to drill dukas. Cpt should concentrate on cash flow and selling gas for a profit and reducing the debt pile. Exploration can wait))""

Leyt me pout it you in this very simple ways:

A) How much do they sell the gas for, and
    B) What are the total gross costs of getting it to the market.

That says it all. So where are the profits.?? Based on the past years records, even though the gas and oils were sold at a higher prices than now, they never managed to get a Nett and Taxable profit.

That is an extremely long bow to pull let me tell you, and it takes people with very clear minds and big balls to revert the position.

1 like
  15. 2.2k
    Go tell him mate.

O&G companies that don't do any exploration aren't properly run O&G companies... Just have a good look around and then tell me.....Period.!!!

1 like
  16. 2.5k
    Buddy, .... Central Petroleum, .... no enthusiasm, no fantastic projects to look forward to, controlled by Santos and their buddies, (and MB), of no interest or benefit to the market, no reason for SP to appreciate for benefit of long term holders, (am down too far to get out, the b,stards, especially Cottee), bloody uninteresting logo on their website, that's of no use to read, .... and I don't want to waste my time arguing with fwits on here, ... really glad they got rid of most of the sfor brains.
    And Central's announcement that they will drill their own Dukas look a like, ... but that's not until Santos drills Dukas again in 2022, so Central can use Santos drill rig.
    What a continuation of a scam, if you ask me.

1 like
  17. 2.2k
    ""((am down too far to get out, the b,stards, especially Cottee))""

Rawali, I hear where you are coming from but there are times in life, especially when are beginning to look that it is a total waste of time, that ties will have to be cut and take a back seat and restart thinking without being bias.

This thing has been a dog for a very long time even before the big changes took place if you ask me and the way it is going IMO it will continue to be real dog full of mange.

Now I will put iy to you in this way, if you were to be selling out when someone was ringing the alarm bells and invest that money elsewhere, you would have been miles better off and you could have come back in at a cheaper price than what you would have sold out for. Unfortunately for you and many others, they decided otherwise due to the fact that they were taking full notice of someone with biggest gift of the gab around but not to the facts facing us all.

For me anyway, the biggest alarm bell, on top of the many others previously, was when the Shareholders Association become operational and I immediately started selling down. If these people ever thought that they could influence an MD/CEO or it's BOD's, IMO they were dreaming and dreaming big.

"Would be if they could be" is what it is called and very well defined IMO too. And the proofs are in the pudding.

As to how this is happening under the very eyes of the ASX and ASIC, that I will never know but that is what it is. That is the sharemarket and all the sharks swimming in the sharemarket's waters, and it will never change. People are walking away with their pockets full of gold calling themselves winners while many others are left wondering what went wrong and as to how that has been allowed to happen while starting to consider how they will manage to live by having to eat baked beans on toast for the rest of their lives. That is if they can afford the toaster too.

I can't stop wondering where all the big famous rampers in the CTP threads are today. Millions and millions of shares, they were telling us they had and accumulate like picking up leafs on the ground, let alone "AVERAGING DOWN WHICH, IN MORE CASES THAN NOT, IT IS LIKE HEADING OVER THE CLIFFS" and all dreaming of becoming billionaires but......................................... yep what happened thus far and what are they dreaming of today.??

It is a very very sad and sorry state of affairs let me tell you.

1 like
  18. 70.6k
    If Central had been cleaned out after the failed SoA, and we had independent MD and BOD, there is no reason why this company could have been doing a lot better.
    Instead, we have a company, not really an exploration company, that has just been wheeling and dealing to ensure survival for themselves only, no share holder consideration at all, started by Cottee, contrary to what he made out to be looking after share holders concerns, and continued even when he left.
    What is there with this company to excite and interest the market or share holders, ... sfa, that's what.
    If they had completed Dukas or went for Helium in a big way, who knows what might have eventuated, but as they say s.it happens.

1 like
  20. 70.6k
    knowing this management they would have struggled to extract enough helium for the Xmas party balloons

1 like
Your browser is too old for TopStocks and not secure. Please update your browser