best opportunity in 25 years

1. 29.0k
    "Over 1,000 diamonds .... from stockpiles on the ROM."
    "A 7.313 fancy yellow... 1.448 ct blue/green... with 6 PINK diamonds..."

http://www.merlindiamonds.com.au/resources/i/Progress-update-02.18-2.pdf

"With potential to process ore directly from high grade Gawain and Ector pits."
    "Dewatering Gawain... with priority to Gawain & Ector which will be de-watered by the end of March 2018.

I am elated at finally seeing a report from the company which is partially professional !
    But there are some glaring ommissions (& questions) from quarterly that shareholders would like to know.

1. Has Gawain been dewatered yet?
    2. Does production in quarterly relate only until 31 March or covers part of April also ?
    3. When will new scrubber from China be commissioned (1 June ??)

The 1,000 diamonds are from stockpiles (tailings etc.) & from very minimal production capacity. No production from fresh ore yet ! At least not reported yet !
    What size and quantity of coloured diamonds will come out of FRESH ORE once production commences AND when production is in quantity (50kt+ per month) ?

BEST OPPORTUNITY I HAVE SEEN IN 25 YEARS (Could be 100 bagger +)
    My reasoning is as follows:

http://www.merlindiamonds.com.au/resources/i/Everblu-Research-Report-21-12-2016.pdf

Based on Everblu report Dec 2016 that includes the resource size of each pipe from historical data
    GAWAIN Grade 31ct per ht, Resource 490,000 ct.

On GAWAIN alone, at USD 350 pct (Everblu USD 424) using an e/r of 0.75 we have an in-ground resource of A$ 228 million (A$466 pc).
    To produce ONE ct of diamonds we will need to mine and process 3.3 tons of ore. What would the mining, process and overhead costs be per ton ? Lets say $50 (Everblu says $25 ). That gives a cost of $165 per ct.

Once production from GAWAIN is up and running (might have commenced) this stock will have a major re-rating.

Lets be on the conservative side:
    Once new scrubber commissioned and new DMS plant in operation we should be able to do the following EASILY:

660,000 t annual plant capacity.
    200k diamond production

NPBT $ 60 million per annum.
    This figure excludes any coloured or large (100 ct+) gem quality diamonds.

What will the company do with $ 5 mill per month ? Dividends, new exploration (in a proven diamond province that has not had any new exploration in close to 20 years) .... ???
    I am confident that once there is plenty of money around the company will have no problems in replacing & increasing their reserves and build even a bigger company.

On what p/e do you put such a company ? 10, 20, 30 ..... ?

Current market cap $ 15 million.
    Where will the market cap be if my figures above are correct ?

I can only bring the horse to water, but I cannot make it drink !

2. 29.0k
    "Over 1,000 diamonds .... from stockpiles on the ROM."

"Dewatering Gawain... with priority to Gawain & Ector which will be de-watered by the end of March 2018.

I am elated at finally seeing a report from the company which is partially professional !
    But there are some glaring ommissions (& questions) from quarterly that shareholders would like to know.

2. Does production in quarterly relate only until 31 March or covers part of April also ?

The 1,000 diamonds are from stockpiles (tailings etc.) & from very minimal production capacity. No production from fresh ore yet ! At least not reported yet !
    What size and quantity of coloured diamonds will come out of FRESH ORE once production commences AND when production is in quantity (50kt+ per month) ?

http://www.merlindiamonds.com.au/resources/i/Everblu-Research-Report-21-12-2016.pdf

Based on Everblu report Dec 2016 that includes the resource size of each pipe from historical data

On GAWAIN alone, at USD 350 pct (Everblu USD 424) using an e/r of 0.75 we have an in-ground resource of A$ 228 million (A$466 pc).
    To produce ONE ct of diamonds we will need to mine and process 3.3 tons of ore. What would the mining, process and overhead costs be per ton ? Lets say $50 (Everblu says $25 ). That gives a cost of $165 per ct.

Once production from GAWAIN is up and running (might have commenced) this stock will have a major re-rating.

Once new scrubber commissioned and new DMS plant in operation we should be able to do the following EASILY:

200k diamond production

What will the company do with $ 5 mill per month ? Dividends, new exploration (in a proven diamond province that has not had any new exploration in close to 20 years) .... ???
    I am confident that once there is plenty of money around the company will have no problems in replacing & increasing their reserves and build even a bigger company.

3. 1.5k
    Thought diamonds were in a oversupply rout atm...prices down?

4. 29.0k
    still getting $300 a carrot times by 10 000 a month ka ching mkt cap of $16 mill

5. 29.0k
    LOM makt cap $120 mill for only %30 of the asset and its alluvial in africa , MED %100 and a basic quarry job mkt cap $16 mill

6. 29.0k
    should be into the high grade pit by now... after de watered

7. 29.0k
    MEDOB 3 cent oppies march 2012 expire trade .003... fully paid trade .005 ..oppies have 3 years time value ..oppies indicate fully paid way under valued IMO ..

8. 29.0k
    nice big 10 000 carrot tender coming?? no CR i hope??

9. 29.0k
    chart is winding up

10. 29.0k
    Over 1,000 diamonds .... from stockpiles on the ROM."

200k diamond production

11. 26
    The above post by 'sandune' was plagiarised from "dpdebrec" on the HotCopper forum.

12. 29.0k
    yep and its going north enjoy

13. 29.0k
    going north IMO and adding

14. 29.0k
    his morning's open was quite amusing with one seller trying to sell 3 mill shares. He undercut the other sellers by offering the stock at 0.4c thinking that he would be dealt at 0.5c. Lo & behold due to some operators quick fingers who managed to amend the total buy quantity to less than 3 mill, the seller was dealt at 0.4c. Only a $3,000 difference.

Got to love these operators. Looks like the lucky buyers who were dealt at 0.4 managed to offer their stock immediately at 0.5 & exit after 2 hours with a neat 25% profit.

I am NOT ramping this stock. It doesn't need to be ramped.

Merlin is grossly UNDERVALUED at $16 million for whatever reason.....
    Look back during 2008 & 2009 where the market capp was over $40 million.
    When the Singaporean company launched a takeover bid in 2014, the bid was also over $40 mill.

The only things that have changed are that the price of diamonds are now much higher & the company is on the verge of commencing production at a level which should generate large monthly positive cash flows.

Have a good read of the Mechanical Clamshell Grab Mining Feasibility Study (160 pages).
    You will get an idea of how much money has been spent by Rio in the 1990s & NAD & Merlin on these tenements since 2004.

http://www.merlindiamonds.com.au/re...te-30-September-2014-WEB-VERSION-Combined.pdf

We have now churned about 120 million shares mainly at the 0.5c level over the last two weeks.

Any other diamond company situated in a country with no sovereign risk that has proven reserves & resources as per 2012 JORC code, coupled with 2018 diamond prices would be valued at $60 million+ before any commencement of production.

Watch this space over the next TWO weeks ! We should be well NORTH of 1 cent.

15. 29.0k
    at .005 ts the best %100 to %150 banger IMO

17. 29.0k
    006 taken out very quickly. It wont be too long before 1cent range in play. The stage is certainly set and as every day goes by this company is actually producing diamonds and churning through the ore. Explorers with no proven JORC are currently valued way more. Merlin grossly undervalued at present.

20. 29.0k
    Good to see that this stock is still flying under the radar.
    It should get to 0.8c in the next day or two before people start waking up.

They will ask "this was trading a few days ago at 0.5 & we could've bought as many as we wanted " !

Good indicator is that there are less than 10 posters on Hot Copper.

I am waiting for the 150-200 mill volume day which re-rate the stock and catapult it to above 1 cent, which will be in the not too distant future.

21. 26
    The post above by 'sandune' was plagiarised from "dpdebrec" on the HotCopper forum.

Your browser is too old for TopStocks and not secure. Please update your browser