Drove Same Car for 82 YEARS..................

1. 6.9k
    This man Owned & Drove Same Car for 82 YEARS.Can you imagine having the same car for 82 years!How Long Have You Owned a Car?Mr. Allen Swift ( Springfield , MA.) received this1928 Rolls-Royce Piccadilly-P1 Roadster from his father,brand new as a graduation gift in 1928 (lucky lad!).He drove it up until his death last year . . . at the age of 102.He was the oldest living owner of a car that was purchased new.Just thought you'd like to see it.It was donated to a Springfield museum after his death.It has 1,070,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch,dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition. (82 years).That's approximately 13,048 miles per year (1087 per month) . . . photo Samecar82years_zpsad198357.pngOver a million miles not kilometres!!That's British engineering of a bygone era . . .I don't think they make them like that anymore.

1 like
  2. 6.5k
    interesting and i hope it ll true

but to drive so many kays at his age seems a bit strange?

maybe he drove too much when younger?, still it averages out a bit strange

nice find

3. 6.9k
    Strange????

One of my sisters did half a million ks in a Laser just buzzing around town and I can assure you she aint 82 yet.

Not that big a deal really to do heaps of ks. Once saw 1 million ks on a Isuzu SBR furniture truck but I will admit

it took 2 engines to do it.

It may boil down to, liking the odd drive :D

4. 6.5k
    half a mill? f u c k me lol

how many years was that?

i suppose it depends on how far one drives for work. i drive about 15mins each way for work and all up with the missus using the same car while the other stays here for the kids, that hyundai racks up about 6-7000 kms p/a

i dunno lol

5. 6.5k
    man this guy has nearly done 21000 kms p/a?

on average this dont seem right, sorry but at his old age 21000 kms p/a is waaaaayyyyy too much lol

6. 6.9k
    In a country like this its not hard to rack up 4,000k. Thats an easy 40hrs behind the wheel doing 100kph.

So a mere 125 return trips from Syd to Perth will reset most odometers.

Doing similar in Britain and especially in the early days may have been

a challenge and so that 82 year old bloke may have ended up

getting very dizzy chasing his tail :D

7. 71.5k
    is easy to explain it was a roller, three trips a week just to remind the neighbours he has a nice car and stays out of the repair shop long enough , to drive regularly (unlike to Jags,Rovers etc.) :)

8. 5.6k
    Nice Six

i was just reading about the old boy on the net and someone had posted this under the article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwwwJ83oWo

2 likes
Your browser is too old for TopStocks and not secure. Please update your browser