SUNDAY SACRED

1. 14.2k
    Jesus wasn't killed by the romans. It was Jewish elite/priests that did it. The romans where simply the vehicle to do it?

2 likes
  2. 815
    John 5:16
    So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him.

John 7:1
    After this, Jesus went around in Galilee. He did not want to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him.

John 9:22
    His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders...

John 10:31
    Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him...

John 18:14
    Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jewish leaders that it would be good if one man died for the people.

John 18:28 [ Jesus Before Pilate ]
    Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor

John 18:35
    “Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?”

John 18:36
    Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

John 19:4
    Once more Pilate came out and said to the Jews gathered there, “Look, I am bringing him out to you to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him.”

John 19:7
    The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

John 19:12
    From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jewish leaders kept shouting, “If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar.”

John 19:21
    The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, “Do not write ‘The King of the Jews,’ but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews.”

John 19:38
    Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders

John 20:19 [ Jesus Appears to His Disciples ]
    On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

1 like
  3. 815
    JESUS WAS NOT A Jew
    Judea and Galilee were two separate states and political entities, as illustrated on the map of Palestine in the time of our Saviour in your Bible. Jesus Himself was not a Jew (Judean) or resident of Judea, He was a Galilean or resident of Galilee (Matthew 26:69; John 7:41), and a Judahite or descendent of the Tribe of Judah. The Judeans of prominence were not of the Tribe of Judah, but of Edomites. Pilate was being ironic when he wrote the sign "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Judeans" for the Cross (John 19:19). That is, "the Galilean who was King of the Judeans," as in "Queen Victoria of England, Empress of India." Jesus grew up in Nazareth in Galilee. His disciples were fishermen from the Sea of Galilee. And although He visited Jerusalem, he spent most of His life in his home country of Galilee. John 7:1, "After this Jesus stayed in Galilee; for He could not walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him." His followers were constrained "for fear of the Jews" (John 7:13, 19:38, 20:19).

https://www.biblebelievers.org.au/jesusjew.htm

1 like
  4. 815
    Why Jesus was not a Jew or follower of the Jewish religion but only someone that used/took advantage of the Jewish religion to remove people from Judaism:

Matthew 5:37-39

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 19:7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?” Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

John 8:3-5

3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Luke 10

Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A [Jewish] priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a [Jewish] Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a [non-Jewish] Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.

John 1:17

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 6:32

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.

John 9:28

Then they hurled insults at him and said, “You are this fellow’s disciple! We are disciples of Moses!

1 like
  5. 36
    Maybe start a new thread if there's going to be a political discussion? This thread is religious in nature and dedicated to uplifting bible quotes, songs and readings that make people feel a bit better.

Seems rude to intrude with the mundane when a nice bloke is trying to carve out a little public space for the spiritual.

3 likes
  6. 815
    Orson. It is a fundamental part of the Christian way to distinguish between Christ & Pharisaism (Judaism). Easter is the time to remember when evil violent people put a harmless saint to death. This is the key message of Christianity. Christ introduced a different way.

Thousands of Christian, Shai & other secular Syrians have been killed over the past 6 years; Israeli's have killed thousands of Palestinians; yet Rabbis, based on the self-inflicted deaths of 58 Wahhabi fundamentalists, these Rabbis, during Easter, call for the removal of the protector of Christians in Syria.

This is the Crucifixion of Christ revisited.

Rabbis Urge President Trump To “Act Decisively” In Syria
    April 14, 2017 68 Comments
    Dear President Trump,

We write to you with angst just days before the Passover holiday when the Jews escaped the oppressive tyranny of Pharaoh in Egypt. The Assad regime in Syria appears to have conducted a nerve gas attack against Syrian civilians yesterday. At least 58 civilians have been killed in the attack, marking the worst chemical attack in Syria since the August 21, 2013 chemical massacre. We believe that a strong response from the U.S. is essential to stopping these war crimes.

Signed,

Rabbi Alison Adler
    Rabbi Daniel Askenazi
    Rabbi Justus Baird
    Rabbi Ben Berger
    Rabbi Jonathan Biatch
    Rabbi Jason Bonder
    Rabbi Jill Borodin
    Rabbi Mark Borovitz
    Rabbi Daniel Bouskila
    Rabbi Debra S. Cantor
    Rabbi Mari Chernow
    Rabbi Yosi Cirlin
    Rabbi Chuck Davidson
    Rabbi Ellen Weinberg Dreyfus
    Rabbi Menashe East
    Rabbi Judith Edelstein
    Rabbi Dr. Zev Farber
    Cantor Rebecca Joy Fletcher
    Rabbi Avidan Freedman
    Rabbi Ruth Gais
    Rabbi Rachel Gartner
    Rabbi Daniel Goodman
    Rabbi Mel Gottlieb,Ph.D.
    Rabbi Maralee Gordon
    Rabbi Steve Greenberg
    Rabbi Dr. Yitz Greenberg
    Rabbi Arielle Hanien
    Rabbi Ari D. Hart
    Rabbi Dr. Richard Hidary
    Rabbi Sarit Horwitz
    Rabbi Rachel Isaacs
    Rabbi David Jaffe
    Rabbi Marisa James
    Rabbi David Kalb
    Rabbi Jeremy Kalmanofsky
    Rabbi Yosef Kanefsky
    Rabbi Elana Kanter
    Rabbi David Kasher
    Cantor Dr. Evan Kent
    Rabbi Riqi Kosovske
    Rabbi Emma Kippley-Ogman
    Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum
    Rabbi Andy Koren
    Rabbi Eugene Korn
    Rabbi Dr. Robert L. Kravitz
    Rabbi Daniel Landes
    Rabbi Aaron Leibowitz
    Rabbi Darby Jared Leigh
    Rabbi Joshua Lesser
    Rabbi Joshua Levine Grater
    Rabbi Leah Lewis
    Rabbi John A. Linder
    Rabbi Andrea London
    Rabbi Yehoshua Looks
    Rabbi Marc Margolius
    Rabbi Ariel Evan Mayse
    Rabbi Avram Mlotek
    Rabbi Dan Moskovitz
    Rabbi Kehillah Dina Najman
    Rabbi David Novak
    Rabbi Micha Odenheimer
    Rabbi Haim Ovadia
    Rabbi Laura Owens
    Rabbi Shuli Passow
    Rabbi Robin Podolsky
    Rabbi Aaron Potek
    Rabbi Aviva Richman
    Rabbi Tracee Rosen
    Rabbi Scott B. Saulson
    Rabbi Robert Scheinberg
    Rabbi Hanan Schlesinger
    Rabbi David Seidenberg
    Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller
    Rabbi Dean Shapiro
    Rabbi Bonnie Sharfman
    Rabbi Garth Silberstein
    Rabbi Daniel Raphael Silverstein
    Rabbi Suzanne Singer
    Rabbi Jenny Solomon
    Rabbi Robin S. Sparr
    Rabbi Joseph Telushkin
    Rabbi Victor Urecki
    Rabbi Devin Villarreal
    Rabbi Elyse Wechterman
    Rabbi Simkha Y. Weintraub
    Rabbi Ora Weiss
    Rabbi Zari Weiss
    Rabbi Dr. Shmuly Yanklowitz
    Rabbi Shawn Zevit
    Rabbi Jill Berkson Zimmerman

source: http://forward.com/scribe/368405/rabbis-urge-president-trump-to-act-decisively-in-syria/

1 like
  7. 36
    As I suggested Wacker, maybe continue your posts on a more appropriate thread? I won't be posting here again, as it feels a bit like having an argument in church. Disrespectful.

Apologies to the OP for the intrusion and keep up the good work. The world needs more people like you, Recklyn. Hope you and your family and friends have a wonderful Easter Sunday.

3 likes
  8. 815
    Orson cannot be a Christian, with such as lack of concern for the imperilment & death of Christians in Syria.

This is a time for Christians to think about their fellow Christians in Syria.

It appears you are a deceiver, calling for Christians to forget about Christians in Syria.

You are definitely not a Christian. This is not possible.

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

1 like
  9. 14.2k
    I agree with wacker, he can post on this thread. There's nothing wrong with he is posting. Keep it up. Some valid points on our fellow Christians in Syria

2 likes
  10. 815
    Orson obviously appears to not be a Christian. His/her history of posts confirms this, where Orson is openly willing to slander & defame another (rather than have a cordial discussion about differing viewpoints based on historical facts). Jesus said: "Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander."

As for the Christian teachings, they are explicitly clear about how other Christians should be thought about:

1 Corinthians 12
    "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many... God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

Today, in respect to Syria, the corporate media, controlled by Jewish-Zionists, is supporting Wahhabi-Salafi-Islamists & Kurds over a secular ruler known for his protection of Christians & all other secular groups in Syria. This is not a new war but a covert agenda that has been going on since the 1950s, when the Muslim Brotherhood was created & sponsored by the CIA to create a Saudi-puppet state in Syria. Of this, Robert F Kennedy Jr reported: "At a White House meeting between the CIA’s director of plans, Frank Wisner, and John Foster Dulles, in September 1957, Eisenhower advised the agency, “We should do everything possible to stress the ‘holy war’ aspect,” according to a memo recorded by his staff secretary, Gen. Andrew J. Goodpaste".

Jesus said: "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. "

So who do Christians support? Bearded terrorists who follow the same doctrine? Or Christ, which is love?

1 like
  11. 815
    The myth of "Judeo-Christianity", making 'one' out of two diametrically opposed belief systems. Not much difference between those in the photos because the Torah & Wahhabism are essentially the same ideology. Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

2/13/2017
    LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - After eight months and about $1 million, the Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes in Tabgha on the Sea of Galilee has finally been renovated. Two of the church's immaculate rooms were badly vandalized by fire in June 2015. The three Jewish extremists, who were responsible for the graffiti and arson attack, were indicted but have yet to be sentenced.

12. 3.1k
    "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Forgive HappyBear Father, for he knows not a bloody thing.

I will ask him to go and trespass somewhere else, my son.

Thanks father, he is one holey PITA.

1 like
  13. 8.0k
    MY KING

That's My King ~ Dr. S.M. Lockridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE

1 like
Your browser is too old for TopStocks and not secure. Please update your browser