Tipping Feature Rules, Terms and Conditions
Members... below are the official Rules, Terms and Conditions around the TopStocks Tipping Feature.
The Rules, Terms and Conditions of the TopStocks Tipping Feature are as follows
1. TopStocks.com.au, TopStocks Pty. Ltd. and the TopStocks Unit Trust are included in the definition of TopStocks where the name TopStocks is used below.
2. Members can place their tips at any time of the day, and any day.. into the TopStocks Tipping portal
3. Each tip, is effectively a pretend trade that the member wishes performed for the purposes of competing and participating in the competition
4. Members will input how many shares they would like to invest in for each tip (each stock)
5. The rank points used, will be deducted from the members rank account
6. All stocks on the ASX can be tipped long
7. Only stocks which are allowed on the TopStocks Short List can be tipped short
8. The TopStocks allowed Short List can be seen here
9. TopStocks reserves the right to add or remove stocks from the above Short list from time to time without notice.
10. TopStocks reserves the right to change the allowable values from the Short list from time to time without notice.
11. Any accepted trade (pending, open or closed) on a stock by the TopStocks System will be honoured, even if this stock is removed from the Short list after the trade was initiated.
12. For brokerage, each tip (successful trade) will cost the member a number of rank points equivalent to 0.1% of the trades value
13. Brokerage rank points will be deducted at the time of successfully entering a trade
14. No brokerage will be deducted at the time of closing a trade
15. All trades requests (to open and to close a trade) can be cancelled prior to the trade being actioned
16. Trades need to be closed so that rank points can be credited back into the members rank account this will NOT happen automatically
17. For TopStocks regular competitions, the winner will be determined on closed trades only, i.e .those trades which are closed in the tipping system before 11:59pm Sydney time on the last day of the competition period.
18. There is no maximum limit on the number of trades a competitor can perform
19. All trade requests (to open or to close) will be actioned at 11pm Sydney time on Monday to Friday, after TopStocks receives its daily data
20. Trade requests (to open or to close) will be actioned using TopStocks Data Close prices from the most recent ASX trading session, normally the ASX session from the same day
21. If no ASX trading occurs on a particular day, due to example: a public holiday or a share being suspended or placed under Trading Halt, then the last close price that TopStocks has received, will be used by the System
22. TopStocks competitors acknowledge that the event is provided for entertainment and educational purposes only.
23. TopStocks members acknowledge that any information supplied in relation to this feature applies only to this feature, and such information should have no bearing on how a person should invest in the share-market.
24. TopStocks members using this feature accept that such information is not advice, nor recommendation of any financial products or investment strategies.
25. TopStocks members using this feature acknowledge that they should consider obtaining independent advice before making any financial decision.
26. TopStocks members using this feature that the Competition Rules may not necessarily correspond with real day to day ASX trading.
27. TopStocks is not responsible or liable for any problems of any internet or computer systems (hardware and software) or providers which competitors may believe has caused them loss or harm.
28. If, for any reason, the event can not start or complete, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, hacking or service denial problems, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of TopStocks, TopStocks reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the tipping feature and/or access to the feature of which notice will be given.
29. TopStocks Members release and hold harmless TopStocks and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this feature
30. The feature is open to all TopStocks members, both International and Australian
31. Members are solely responsible for all acts and omissions that occur within their account.
32. Unauthorised use of another competitor's TopStocks account is a breach of the Terms and Conditions and Rules and will result in that competitor's automatic disqualification from using the feature.
33. TopStocks accepts no responsibility for any transactions resulting from unauthorised access to the TopStocks account of any member, and accept no liability for any resulting damage, injury or loss.
34. TopStocks reserves the right to refuse access to the feature or disqualify any members found to be cheating or tampering with the operation of the feature or is in breach of the TopStocks and feature Terms and Conditions.
35. TopStocks also reserves the right to refuse access to the feature or disqualify any member found to be engaging in insider trading, or market manipulation or with intent to persecute, defame, abuse, threaten or harass any other TopStocks member.
36. In addition, TopStocks reserves the right to refuse access to the event or disqualify any members found to be engaging in any conduct which, in the sole discretion of TopStocks, is deemed to be contrary to, or in breach of, the entertainment, family community and educational purpose of the feature.
37. Members acknowledge that TopStocks may publish on the TopStocks website or at any other location, details of the current leaders including the competitor's member ID and may promote the event through the publication of these details, including on social networking sites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
38. Topstocks Members will be able to search in detail, all competitors open and closed trades/tips
39. TopStocks reserves the right to publish a competitor's trades (open and closed) within the TopStocks forums for marketing and discussion purposes
40. TopStocks decisions regarding the any competition winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
41. An order to buy or sell shares may be placed at any time of the day during the event
42. Only shares that are part of the TopStocks regular list, which receive market close updates every trading day, may be traded.
43. TopStocks reserves the right to amend a members 'rank-on-hand' points if any errors occur. However, TopStocks.com.au accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage from this correction, even if in error.
44. Dividends will NOT be credited to competitors account where dividends are paid by the company in question.
45. Bonus Shares will NOT be credited to competitors account where dividends are paid by the company in question.
46. In the event that a stock is placed in a trading halt on the ASX market, the corresponding stock will NOT be placed in a trading halt in the event.
47. If there is a trading halt on a stock at the end of the event, the last close price before the trading halt will be used for final valuation purposes.
48. In the event that a stock is placed into suspension on the ASX market, the corresponding stock will NOT be placed into suspension in the event.
49. If there is a suspension on a stock at the end of the event, the last close price before the suspension will be used for final valuation purposes.
50. In the event that a stock is delisted on the ASX market, the corresponding stock will be frozen in the event and may take a zero stock value.
51. In the event that a company is delisted, competitors will receive NO rank balance nor rank profit compensation.
52. When a split occurs, no adjustments will be made by TopStocks to closed or open related trades.
53. When a de-merger occurs, no adjustments will be made by TopStocks to closed or open related trades.
***Members... below are the official Rules, Terms and Conditions around the TopStocks Tipping Feature.***
There is now link to the above. All I can find is a video link, which I watched from start to finish, but there was nothing about the official Rules, Terms and Conditions around the TopStocks Tipping Feature.
Any help would be appreciated
Hi MaxAction.. thank-you for your post.
I don't understand your question though. If your question is where is the link to the Tipping Ts&Cs... please go to the menu on the top line, hover over 'tipping', then goto 'General' and then down to 'Tipping Ts&Cs.
Does this help?
Thanks for your help Mod, however I did exactly what you suggested before, and trust me not just once, but that only gets you to your post, which opens this thread (see below).
As far as I can tell there is no link or anything else for that matter other than to the latest October video, which I watched as mentioned and even though it is quite informative it doesn't give any info on the above subject either.
Any further help available? Even an email or otherwise a link on that first post would be good. Just something to start me of reading through the rules, other than learning it the hard way by trail and error.
Where have the Rules, Terms and Conditions gone? please anyone.
SIXPAC, they are at the top of this post.
No they are not. Not on my screen anyway.
Not a problem mod......and thanks once again for not even acknowledging.
Where is the grace.....thanks.
Much appreciated Mr Mod.
Trying out this new tipping feature. I Dont understand how the points work.
I started with 1m points and opened 6 trades for 100k each.
5 trades haven't moved (just opened) and one trade is down $209, -385 rank points.
Yet my points have declined from 1000000 to 816916 !
Almost 20% of my points gone with one trade down $209!
Glad my broker doesn't work my cash like this or I would be bust in a week!
What am I missing? At this rate if I lose $1000 on a $10000 trade (10%) I will be wiped out. Is this some sort of leveraged CFD derivative tipping system?
Hi asteroider.. thank-you for your question.
Your points balance, i.e. 816,916 is what you have left in your account, i.e. your balance that you can use to make further trades. It is not how much your points and stock portfolio is worth.
Very soon... we will have a member tipping ranking that will take the overall worth of a member into account and show you quickly what your overall worth is. For now.. you can see your overall profit on this page to see how your portfolio is going.
PS.. at the moment, your overall points 'wealth' is 385 points less than what you started with.
Oh ok. I haven't used the new one and see a number of members with less than 50k points left from their initial 1m and assumed they had blown the lot on failed tips, but that might not be the case: It is probably just because they have lots of very profitable trades still open!
Yes I think that planned update would be an improvement.
Still getting used to this ... what time does Topstocks get its daily data at the end of the day? and a sub-question: how can we tell if the price that we're looking at is the price that will be actioned that night?
18. All trade requests (to open or to close) will be actioned at 7:15pm Sydney time, on Monday to Friday on ASX trading days, after TopStocks receives its daily data
Hi Marcus2000... the daily data comes in at around 7pm every weekday. you can tell if it has come in when you look at the top of every equity forum.. or the bottom within the box in each equity post. The day's close information will show 'todays' date if the data has come in already.
The tipping CRON then runs at 7:15pm after the data comes in. If the data is not in by that time (happens about 1% of the time), then the CRON will run again at 8:15pm and then a final backup run at 11:15pm.
I don't get why there is a 100k share limit on longs when members simply enter multiple 100k long trades on the same code on the same day.
Hi Asteroider.. thank-you for your post.
Please note... it is not possible for members to place more than one order on the same stock within the same trading session.
There is a limit of one order per stock per 24 hour session.
i am only guessing but maybe the software has trouble with very large numbers in combinations (say 5,000,000 x 2.2c) (happened in some systems before, 65535 x 65535 used to be fun on some computers) :)